Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Police


I will admit that I didn't go to the Police in a critical state of mind. I actually spent most of the walk to "What Stage," screaming, "I'm ready to get stung!" Lame, I know. Drinking bourbon out of a Camelback will do that to you. I will also say this: I've been to plenty of shows just to have a good time and been disappointed. And I know there are a lot of cool kids saying the Police weren't protecting and serving like they used to. But I'll tell you what, Sting, Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland were very entertaining. Sure, Sting couldn't hit some of the high notes on songs like "So Lonely," "Don't Stand So Close to Me," and "Roxanne," but the trio still sounded great, especially for a band that hasn't played together in over 20 years (and a bunch of old dudes). Not to mention that basically every song you heard was a Top 20 Hit, and that five of them; "Message in A Bottle," "Walking on The Moon," "Don't Stand So Close to Me," "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic," and "Every Breath You Take," were #1 on the UK charts. You can't help but feel a bit warm and fuzzy on the inside that you're seeing them played live. Plus, how often can you scream "Da Do Do Do, De Da Da Da" at the top of your lungs and not feel like an idiot? Never, but I did it anyway. Yeah, so maybe you think I'm not cool because I had fun at the Police. I don't give a...

No comments: