Monday, June 18, 2007

Bonnaroo Recap


For some reason when I thought about Bonnaroo today this quote from National Lampoon's Vacation popped into my brain.

"We're gonna have so much fucking fun they're gonna need plastic surgeons to remove the smiles from our fucking faces. We'll be whistling zippity-doo-dah out of our ass holes."

I need a plastic surgeon right now, too. And I'm pretty sure my butt hasn't been this musical in years. But seriously, talk about an awesome weekend.

What should I begin with? Interviewing the Whigs on the Ferris Wheel? Seeing the White Stripes for the first time? Unabashedly removing my t-shirt and waving in the air during a ridiculous late night set from Girl Talk? Chatting about the heat with Elvis Perkins at the coffee bar before his Sunday set--my favorite of the weekend. Eating large amounts of ice cream backstage? Catching awesome performances from the National, Hot Chip, the Hold Steady, Dr. Dog and Tortoise, among others. Singing along with Sting? (I mean, uh....)

Yeah, it was a pretty absurd time. How 'bout I just post some of the pictures that Bob Clement took...

Elvis Perkins and special guest Alec Ounsworth of Clap Your Hands Say Yeah



Hot Chip



Parker Gispert of the Whigs



Scott McMicken of Dr. Dog



Sting



Look for more in-depth Bonna reviews throughout the week.

1 comment:

jon said...

i'm ready for your in-depth entry about the girl talk show. i'm talkin' mad details, son.