Monday, June 25, 2007

ICM: Wilco


Wilco
Just like their new album, Wilco's set at Bonnaroo was solid. I mean, they pulled out the really big guns; "Jesus, Etc.," "I'm Trying to Break Your Heart," "Via Chicago," "Handshake Drugs," "Shot in the Arm," "War on War," "Hummingbirds," "I'm the One Who Loves You," "Spiders," etc. That's bleeping all-star. And except for obnoxious drums and really cheesy synth on "Via Chicago," the music was on point. But for some reason, it just didn't resonate. Maybe it was the size of the stage. Maybe it was because it was the last day; I was tired and couldn't stop thinking about the White Stripes. Maybe it was because of the fact that of the five new songs played, only "You Are My Face," and "Walken," really held up. I think it was probably a combination of those things. I will say this, Jeff Tweedy looked as happy as I have ever seen him, and Matt was grooving a few rows in front of me. And I said it was solid. Ain't nothin' wrong with that.

No comments: