Thursday, January 17, 2008

What Would You Do, If You Were Attacked by Robotron Crab People?

First off: GO TARHEELS. Little too close for comfort last night, but I never really thought we were going to lose. That's why it's the ACC. You beat your rival by 31, then, four days later, eek out a win against the last ranked defensive squad in the league. Any given night.

Les Savy Fav's Let's Stay Friends was one of my top 50 records of 2007, and "What Would Wolves Do" is definitely my favorite from that album. Well, looks like it's my lucky day, because P4k posted the video for the song earlier today. Another plus for me is that it's directed by Ryan Quincy, an animator for South Park--my favorite show. Maybe that's why the pretty little honies turn into robotron crab people in the end. It's one of the more entertaining videos I've seen in awhile.



Also, didn't realize that LSF drummer Harrison Haynes is from Durham. Here's an Independent article on him from awhile ago.

And please, for the love of God, go check out Toro y Moi's new tracks. I'm supposed to be reviewing Atlas Sound right now, but it's so hard, because I cant stop listening to these jams. Start with "Such Bad Handling."

Toro y Moi---Assorted Tracks from My Touch

Finally, Yeasayer and MGMT tonight at the 506. Be there or be [].

No comments: