Friday, March 6, 2009

Banshee Beatdown


I'm super excited right now. For one, I just bought a plane ticket to Austin for SXSW. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal to most of y'all, but I've never been before, so there.

But the main reason I'm amped is that all of my buds are coming into Chapel Hill this weekend for the Duke game. We're talking from NYC, London, New Zealand, Charleston(?). Should be quite the debauchery if all goes as planned. Hopefully the outcome will be similar to that above.

So, a song that has been known to make me all tingly on my insides is certainly in order for today. That cut is "Banshee Beat", from Animal Collective's art folk masterpiece, Feels

Every time I hear this song, the hair stands up on my arm. I've found that a lot of people feel the same way, and it's obviously not hard to see why.

Here's the original version from Pretty Goes with Pretty


Here's the chilled out version from the band's set at Grand Ballroom.


Got me again.



No comments: