Friday, February 6, 2009

Maybe I'm the Worst

Well, I see that my promises for a blogged down '09 don't hold water. 

Regardless, here's a bone for all you voracious readers .

Pitchfork just gave Brooklyn-based The Pains of Being Pure at Heart Best New Music today. Funny, I downloaded that record yesterday on Emusic and really liked it. (I really have such amazing taste. It's not even slightly laughable.) It's really not a surprise considering POBPAH has been getting more press than the recession lately.

In all seriousness, you should definitely check this album. If you like really catchy pop songs bathed in shoegazy guitars, you'll love this. Better yet, if you like really catchy pop songs, you'll love this. 

Here is a nifty lo-fi job of their song, "Everything with You."

No comments: