Monday, October 29, 2007

I'm in La La Land


After his show on Thursday night, Parker Gispert from the Whigs slipped me an advanced copy of the debut from recent tour mates, Wax Fang, and I am fucking glad that he did. La La Land, set to drop on November 17th on Don't Panic Records, is a thrilling musical amalgam that Gispert truthfully declares, "will rock your d**k off." Frontman Scott Carney and his Louisville, KY-based gang of merry rockers have molded a rollercoaster record that blends everything from psych-pop to Irish folk to post-rock to 80s hair fare. Beautifully orchestrated and hyperdynamic, La La Land's highlighted by some seriously kickass axe-wielding and drum-whooping, as well as Carney's off-kilter lyrical prowess. If I were you, I would be counting down the days until November 17th.

Check out some tunes from Wax Fang at their myspace.

Also check out this video of "Hearts are Made for Beating," live from Headliners in Louisville.

No comments: