Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Bodi Bill from Berlin




Well, dang. I done it again. I've left you with nothing for over a week. Musical searches in Münich were in vain. Like Tillery said, it's like something really awesome is hiding. Even here in Berlin, the arts hotbed that I kept hearing about wasn't showing its face. However, I'm starting to see it more and more, and good news for y'all, it includes some good tunes, too. I've also found a good working hub here. So worry not. We'll have some goodness this week and hopefully I can finally get those pesky reviews up. I've also been thinking about a report on busking and the multiple types of the art we've encountered during this adventure. So marinate on that. And oh yeah, we saw Air last night. And we have mad footage. As my high school advisor used to say, "There's a lot on the skillet."

But right now I want to tell you about Bodi Bill, an electro-folk duo consisting of Alex Amoon and Fabian Fenk. According to 030, a weekly guide to the Berlin scene, these fellas get down on a Mac book and some stringed instruments. After checking out their myspace page, I'll say that it's working. "Nothing" is like the Knife and Hot Chip having remix battles with a neo-soul track. On the other hand, "Willem", an anxious love ditty, is more traditional, flipping between choppy, maraca-backed piano and spooky(at times), soaring keyboards. Neat. Listen for yourself and tell me what you think. Also, if you like it, check out their debut, No More Wars, on Amazon.

Also, take a gander at this video of their somber number, "Very Small". Another indication of this band's diverse sound.