Monday, September 8, 2008

Morning

Greetings, somewhat of a news feed this morning.

First, a gritty video from All the Saints' show at the Death by Audio space in Brooklyn, featuring four new songs, including "Percival," "Daughters," "Untitled (Listen Boy)," and "Half Red Half Way."


all the saints live at death by audio (brooklyn) august 2nd, 2008 from acid marshmallow IV on Vimeo.

Also, check out my brother's blog, titletickler.com. He's been bloggin' a lot more than I have lately. I reckon I need to pick it up.

Here is a video of My Morning Jacket playing Evil Urges' "Touch Me, Pt. 2" on the Black Cab Sessions. It's just Jim and Carl, but it's still very, very awesome.



Next, I have finally found my favorite band in Chapel Hill, Americans in France. Some serious indie/punk dynamics from this trio. Missed them on Saturday night at Nightlight, but certainly won't make that mistake again.

9/9- at the Cradle, the Whigs are opening for Tokyo Police Club. Not the biggest fan of the headliner, but I know the opener always brings the rawk.

9/16-Wrecking Ball, the full length debut from Dead Confederate comes out. Check out American Songwriter's interview with lead vocalist/rhythm guitarist Hardy Morris, here. In addition to touring with Heartless Bastards and Catfish Haven this fall, DC will play on October 10th on the Conan O'Brien Show.

Dead Confederate is also streaming new tracks from their album on their myspace. Check out "Yer Circus," which leads me to imagine a UFO fleet coasting above a dried-out cornfield.

Another thing, I am now a DJ on WXYC, UNC-Chapel Hill's radio station. My set is from 6-8 on Thursday Mornings. Stream it live here.


Oh, and finally. This.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i wish knowshon could open for dead confederate.