Monday, November 12, 2007

Raiding the Forkcast

Forkcast has a lot going on today. I'm sure most everyone has seen the Radiohead webcasts by now so I won't post those, but you can check them out here. However, I do want to post a few things.

The first is The National's recent Black Cab Session, which I've never heard of before, but is simply the video of a band/artist playing a tune in the back of a British cab. Here is Matt Berninger and one of the Dessner twins performing, "You've Done it Again Virginia," the b-side from their 2005 single, "Lit Up." In case you didn't already know, I really like the National.



Really, really nice.

Next, Okkervil River hit up the Daytrotter studios to play some cover tunes and one from their latest, The Stage Names. I just recently got into Okkervil River--and Daytrotter for that matter--so I am pretty psyched about this as well.

Okkervil River--Daytrotter Session

If you haven't picked up a copy of The Stage Names, I suggest you do that ASAP.

Big time this past weekend. Caught Dead Confederate, Summerbirds in the Cellar and Warm in the Wake at the 40 Watt in Athens, Ga on Friday night and then Patterson Hood in a very intimate setting on Saturday afternoon. Check back for more on that and a review of DC's new EP, the Dead Confederate EP.

No comments: