Friday, April 20, 2007

Whiggin' Out in London



Well, I ain't really losing it. However, I'm back in London for the last leg of what has been an epic journey and I've been diggin' on the Whigs' live radio session that Dodge posted on My Old Kentucky Blog last week. Never heard 'em do anything acoustic like this before--don't think anyone has--and I hope this isn't the last time. I have been particularly keen on "Like A Vibration," as it has been one of my favorite songs by the Athens, GA band for a while now. Though this cut doesn't really pack the punch that the electric version does, frontman Parker Gispert's vocals still ring with strong emotion. Check 'em out for yourself and check 'em out in a town near you.

Apr 20 2007 7:30P Vanderbilt - Rites of Spring w/ Drive- By Truckers, Wolfmother.... Nashville, Tennessee
Apr 22 2007 4:00P Cornell University...open to students and general public Ithaca, New York
Apr 23 2007 8:00P Rock & Roll Hotel Washington, Washington DC
Apr 25 2007 8:00P Jewish Mother Norfolk, Virginia
Apr 27 2007 4:00P Salve Regina University Newport, Rhode Island
Jun 16 2007 8:00P Bonnaroo Manchester, Tennessee

No comments: